Thursday, October 7, 2010

God's Blessing...Our God is Amazing!!

I just returned to the office from running some last minute errands before
picking up Colleen and heading to NOVA for our early morning flight to Haiti.
When I returned I noticed the message light blinking on the answering
machine.  When I pressed play there was no message.  I did check the caller
ID on my phone and saw it was a 757 area code so I returned the call. It was
Bob Weeks, the pastor from New Creation UMC that is leading our group.
After sorting out some transportation issues Bob shared an incredible story
with me.  I would like to share it with you.  I think it shows God's grace is
going with us.  Something I very much needed to be reminded of.

Bob and I went on a mission a trip to Jamaica several years ago. Bob
returned severals time after the first trip.  He met a young man that was in
seminary in Jamaica, this young man was training to be a pastor back in his
home country of Haiti.  At the beginning of this week Bob received an email
time marked 1:50 am.  It was from this young man who is now a pastor in
Haiti.  He told Bob that he had been thinking about him and wanted to know if
Bob had forgotten him.  Bob replied later that morning and told this young
Haitian pastor that we would be in Haiti next week and where we would be
serving.  What are the odds that it would be in the same area where this
pastor serves?  We will be attending his Bible study Wednesday night.  WOW
God is amazing. God's Blessings and thank you for your many prayers.  We will
keep you posted as much as possible during the week.  I hope my legs
remember some of those old soccer moves.
Grace and peace,
Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment