Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ready to go

I am packed and ready to go.  I will be carrying two army duffle bags full of flipflops from Memorial UMC in Appomattox that will be used for our medical mission team in November.  Stuffed in between the shoes are fifteen bottles of bubbles which are great respiratory therapy for kids, as well as bus wench replacement parts.  Strange conglomeration of things for sure.  But all needed.
My personal things go into two carry on bags, a little suitcase and a back pack.  Aren't you proud?  Of course in the back pack is my spanish book.  Figured I could get the children to help me with more spanish.  If you want to see more photos and information about what has gone on this week, go to http://www.fobf.org/ or www.facebook.com/friendsofbarnabas if you are on facebook.
I appreciate prayers as I fly from Richmond to Miami and then on to San Pedro Sula on Saturday morning.  Will be the first time I have gone through Honduran customs by myself.
  This is Mayra after her open heart surgery yesterday. 
 Here is Nurse Pascuala doing morning devotions with some of the children and their parents about the parable of the sower.  She totally rocks!!

So a little taste of what is happening in Honduras before I get there.  Looking forward to sharing more with you all.

One child at a time,
Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment